Head of Technology
We’re a community of multi-award winning companies with a shared dream to create unique consumer experiences that excite, engage and empower people.
We love smart experiential retail marketing, rich consumer data and insights, and beautiful software design & development. Come and re-imagine the world of retail with us!
The story so far…
Our people are our greatest asset and are the reason we get out of bed every day; they deserve a great employee experience and the technology we use plays a crucial role in our experience. As our Head of Technology, you will lead our software development team and our IT & Systems team. Together they create and enhance our proprietary software, some of which is used within Revium and some by our customers, as well as the enterprise IT and Systems that enable our people to be brilliant in their work. Our group mission is to ‘enrich the way people experience everyday life through technology’, so you will also be a key advisor to the board in achieving our mission.
Life’s too short One big tribe
Anything is possible Bounce back higher
Be SFC! Be a radiator, not a drain!
What is expected of everyone in our tribe:
- Understand and embody our ever-growing purpose and culture
- Understand your own, and the business’, values and beliefs and build a synergy between them
- Live our values and beliefs everyday through your behaviours and actions
- Challenge and support the correction of behaviours that are not in line with our values and beliefs
- Continuously develop your self-awareness by understanding, appreciating and sharing your own strengths and weaknesses
- Continuously develop high levels of emotional intelligence and apply that to your own behaviours, actions and performance
- Build effective “win-win” relationships within all levels of the business and its stakeholders
What am I responsible for in my role?
- Play an active role in the development of the long-term Revium business plan (mission, vision, goals and strategies)
- Be a highly effective business leader and drive high performance of the group mission
- Translate the commercial plans for Revium business units into an effective group Technology plan
- Build, lead and manage high performance of yourself and your teams
- Understand the commercial aims of our business units and recommend the right software solution to achieve their goals; this might be a bespoke solution we create or a purchase/partnership
- Seek opportunities to increase enterprise value through our software intellectual property in partnership with the business units
- For each of the business’ internally developed software products, create a product roadmap including the commercial and development needs such that our activities are proactive
- Ensure high levels of development capability, delivery and support from the Development team to all internal customers receive excellent service
- Review our software quality assurance process and implement improvement where needed
- Ensure that we are building the most effective tech stacks for Revium business units
- Proactively advise and manage with the CFO the investment Revium makes in technology
- Continuously evaluate our technology landscape and ensure we have the right technology to achieve our strategic goals, with the right solutions at the right time
- Lead the successful implementation, and on-going evolution, of Technology projects and initiatives, and create/update any relevant IT policies required
- Ensure we select the right suppliers & partners with high quality and effective service level agreements, and procure the best technology solutions
- Be the key point of escalation for technology issues, with the support of the wider senior leadership team, and report any necessary cases to the Revium board
- Build high performance and strong management within the Technology team
- Create a highly effective and proactive IT & Systems support team to resolve 1st & 2nd line issues and provide excellent employee experiences
- Work with others to continuously improve our employee experiences through technology
- Proactively manage and oversee any budgets related to you and your team
What do I need to bring to the tribe?
- Proven experience of leading a fast-paced software / technology environment in an SME
- Experience of leading a software development team and projects
- Experience of leading an IT & Systems team is desirable
- Strong experience of advising at Board level and creating organisational and cultural technology change
- Experience of translating commercial strategies into effective technology planning
- Strong full-lifecycle experience of Technology processes and policy creation to ensure 100% legal compliance and corporate governance
- Experience of managing, advising and coaching others to achieve their best and deliver results
- Experience of leading successful employee engagement initiatives and creating a value led culture
- Proven experience of leading and managing a high performing team
- An ability to inspire and lead at all levels of a business
- Strong situational decision-making skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication, particularly the ability to explain technical issues simply
- Influencing skills at all business levels
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and managing competing priorities
- A great attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong project management skills
Knowledge and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- MSc/MA would be desirable
- Knowledge of project management techniques, such as PRINCE2 or APMP
- Knowledge of software quality control methodologies
This job description may vary from time to time in accordance with business priorities and your terms and conditions.
Recently awarded a ‘Times 100 Best Small Company to Work for’, our ambition is to create the greatest place to, work globally through our employees experiencing world-class personal development and engagement.
We work with Investors in People to deliver excellence, ensuring you realise your career dreams and recognise your true potential.